Friday, January 12, 2007

"Politics Is a Dirty Game "

I don't know who coined this wise saying and for what reason and when, but some how I am realizing this to be quite true these days; when I look in to our world politics in general and Ethiopian politics in particular.

I am from a generation of young men and women who had spend my formative years in a country where I and many of my generation of young people witnessed unimaginable form of injustice and crime being commited, and politically motivated killings was so rampant and was a day to day prevalence that almost slaughter my entire generation. I still have hard time coming in terms with this reality of the bygone years, and yet here we are again in a different epoch of our history but heading back to square one.

One of the biggest hurdles that attributed to the political catastrophes we had in the past as well as at present in our midst and that clearly stands out and very obvious is Intolerance.

We had all kinds of political groups in the past that couldn't solve their different political views in a civilized manner and nowadays we have appallingly too many kinds of political groups, liberation fronts which I can't even decipher their acronym. It seems all these groups they have in common is not the best interest of their people or country, but a yearning for power, sadly enough that is their common denominator. What a pathetic state of affair!

No comments: